April CY365 Photo Challenge List | 2014Posted by Katrina Kennedy on Mar 28, 2014 in 365, Blog, Idea List | 1 comment
Do you feel your motivation to capture a photo a day ebb and flow throughout the year?
I know I do. This year has been especially difficult.
I take a photo everyday, but somedays they are just a sad effort to check the box off my to do list. I have to remind myself, it’s not always like that. Like all things in life, motivation changes.
To get motivation back for the project I know I have to do something.
To kick start my motivation I’ll take on a new personal challenge. This month I’m planning on carrying my dSLR more often. I want the satisfaction of adjusting the settings before I press the shutter. I want the weight in my hand the versatility of multiple lenses.
I’m going to get outside with my camera more often. I’m going to walk through my neighborhood to see how many of the prompts I can find. I’m going to walk through my neighborhood just to see what I notice.
I’ll use the list to generate ideas. I’ll use the list to motivate me to pick up the camera. Because this matters.
And I’ll be easy on myself. Things change. And that’s okay. Even if my photos are imperfect they are still valuable memories of my life. And for me, that’s what’s most important about this project.
What do you do to kick start your motivation?
How can you use the list? Follow three quick steps!
Download the April Challenge List to your favorite device or print it for quick reference. I post mine right next to my desk and carry it on my phone.
Go sequential if that’s your thing or pick one that inspires you. Go out on your own if you need to. There is no wrong way to use the prompts!
And really…if you need to skip a prompt…then skip it! It’s your project. Make it your own!
And here are this month’s repeating prompts (the purple words). Not sure what a repeating prompt is? We talk about them on the CY365 Podcast.
- Create A Self Portrait | April 5 – Imperfect
- Create A Macro Photo | April 7 – Fill The Frame
- Practice Portraiture | April 19 – Come In
- Capture Where You Stand | April 16
- Photograph A Number | April 28 – The Number 4
- Create A Photo With Your Phone | April 27 – Square
Subscribe to the free daily emails for a prompt reminder and tips for each day’s prompts.
Create your image with whatever camera you have! Phone, dSLR, point and shoot.
Shoot what you can. Share what you can. No pressure. Sharing helps keep you motivated all year long.
You have options!
- Tag them on Instagram or Twitter with #CY365. (Follow me @katrinakennedy so I can follow you!)
- Upload them to the CY365 Gallery for a little gallery love.
- Post them to our Flickr group.
- Post them to the CY365 Facebook page. Take a look at the Facebook Photos of the Day to be inspired!